Why I Am At MATC

      I would like to introduce myself. My name is Veronica. I enjoy the simple things in life. Working hard has always been instilled into me. This has lead to the decision to attend MATC. The way programs are designed is very conducive to my life. Being able to attend classes, work, and manage a home life were important factors when choosing where I would attend school. Also, MATC is very affordable for the education you receive.  Being able to come out of school with a skill was very important to me. Many schools teach you how to learn, although this is an important skill to posses I wanted to come out with more knowledge about the field I was going to pursue then a few general things.
      The program I have chosen is  Network Specialist. Information Technology in particular has always been intriguing to me. Growing up in the generation where technology really exploded lead me to be even more inquisitive. My first formal exploration of networking happened when I was about 13 years old. Our internet kept going down, and my mother did not want to sit on the phone while someone fixed it, so I as the inquisitive person I was wanted to help. I sat on the phone with tech support while they walked me though how to manually get into a proxy server. They also taught me how to fix the problem in the future. Ever since then I have always been interested in how computers work and why. Although I have no formal training  I have been able to fix simple computer problems for people. Going through this program will finally show me why the things I have been doing all these years work and how.


      Currently I am employed as a jack of all trades at a local pub and grill. I bar tend, cook, serve, and manage the P.O.S. program.    Working in this industry has taught me many things about life in general. The most important thing that I have realized is that I know I can teach anyone any of these jobs, however I can not teach someone how to talk to people, how to show up on time, and how to have work ethic, skill that are very important to me as an individual. I enjoy performing the many roles that it takes to make  this small business run.
Image result for Golf ball


      Some of the things I enjoy in my free time are golfing, yoga, snowboarding, and spending time with my family. I started golfing a few years ago, although I am currently not the best this sport teaches patience in that you will not always get something the first time, but practice makes perfect. Another valuable life lesson.


Comments

  1. This is terrific! If there is anything I can do to help your endeavors along, contact me. I work for a company that does close to a billion in sales every year in aseptic food process. Everything under the roof is networked extensively, consequently we have a large, competent IT Dept. Everyone seems to be happy, so I assume they are compensated well also... lol. Randy Niesing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment