Social Media Comparison Ping vs Callaway

Image result for Ping golf      Ping and Callaway both make themselves known on many social media platforms, the two I will be focusing on are Twitter and Facebook. On Twitter Ping has 25.3K tweets,  192K followers, and is following 1,279 people. Ping focuses their tweets more towards their actual products and promotes different events they are involved in. On Facebook Ping has two pages, Ping, and Ping Europe, both pages have a substantial amount of activity again focusing on product and events they participate in. Ping also focused on being family owned since 1959. I believe Ping does a good job at making themselves known on both of these social media platforms.

Image result for callaway golfWhile Ping does a good job at making themselves known on social media Callaway does an even better job. Callaway has 19.5K tweets, 332K followers, but only follows 531 people on Twitter. Callaway has more tweets about the people who use there clubs (famous golfers) verses focusing on the products themselves. They do have a substantial amount of tweets about there products, but they are in relation to who is using them. Facebook is where Callaway takes the cake in social media presence. Callaway has five different pages that appeal to different customers. They have Callaway Golf, Callaway Golf SA, Callaway Europe, Callaway South Pacific, and Callaway Women, because of this i believe they appeal to a greater amount of people. Each of these pages is tailored to the specific group they are interacting with. For this reason only I believe that Callaway is utilizing social media more effectively than Ping.                                   

     

                                                                                                 
      Both Ping and Callaway are highly effective at using social media platforms, Callaway is more effective at reaching larger audiences, while Ping is more effective in promoting their product through social media. Callaway focuses more on the pro-golfers using there products, while ping focuses on the products themselves. Each of these companies have their own strategy for social media, and both seem to be working just fine, and the game of golf is better because of both.

Image result for Golf

     
   


Comments

  1. very interesting article, I have heard of Callaway and the way you describe how they reach out through their social media platforms make a lot of sense because that's probably how I heard about them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I'm more of a football and baseball person, but this article gives me an idea of what social media aspects golfers can view. Obviously correct me if I'm saying something that is not true or doesn't make sense. I'm just trying to understand your article and it looks like you have done a great job of explaining it . Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of a companies having multiple pages for different regions. Smart and effective to build a fanbase

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Am At MATC